Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do you source your precious gems?
All of our precious gems are conflict-free and supplied by our long-term trusted partners. Each stone is unique, and they all vary slightly in size and color.
- Where are your products made?
- kataoka jewelry pieces are all handmade in our workshop in Tokyo, Japan.
- What is your lead time?
- Every piece is handmade to order and will take between 4 and 6 weeks to complete from when your order was confirmed. For rush orders, please contact us and we’ll do our best to oblige.
- Does your jewelry carry a warranty?
We stand behind everything we make, that is why we offer a Lifetime Limited Warranty on all items.
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. This warranty is against breakage or malfunction under normal use due to defects in material or craftsmanship quality. We will repair, or, at our option, replace any defective items with the same or a comparable model.
This warranty does not cover damage as a result of abuse, misuse, loss or theft of your kataoka jewel(s).
kataoka jewelry does not endorse or approve any third-party alterations or treatments to your kataoka jewel(s). Accordingly, any third-party modifications or treatments void that kataoka Lifetime Limited Warranty.
If you purchased your kataoka jewel(s) from one of our select retailers, please contact them directly.
If you have any repair issues that are not covered under warranty, or would like to know if your repair is covered, please contact us.
Payments, Shipping, and Returns
- Do you take credit cards?
- Yes. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, JCB, American Express, and processed via PayPal.
- Where do your products ship from?
- All our products ship from our atelier in Tokyo, Japan.
- What countries do you ship to?
- kataoka jewelry can ship practically anywhere in the world with the assistance of our freight partners. If you want to know whether we ship to your country, please contact us.
- Can I track my international order?
- After we ship your order, we will send you a tracking number by email. You can also see your order status and delivery tracking details under “My Account” after you log in.
- Are there any additional costs that will be due upon receipt of my order?
- No. We handle all the taxes, import duties, shipping, and insurance charge for international orders; Your order will be sent in the terms Delivered Duty Paid (DDP), which means the price that you pay at kataoka jewelry will be the final price.
- How do I cancel or change an order?
- After you place your order, we will start handcrafting your item(s). If you wish to cancel or change your order, please contact us immediately. Please note that once we start production, no orders cancellations or modifications can be accepted.
- What is your returns policy?
- Please note that because every piece is handmade to order, all sales are final and no returns can be accepted whatsoever.
- Do you have sales?
- No. Our creations are handcrafted and produced in very limited quantities; therefore, we never offer any discount sales.
Please sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of our homepage to be notified of any promotions we may have.
- How do I apply to become a kataoka jewelry partner?
- Please contact us for any business inquiries.
- I have a press inquiry, who should I contact?
- Please contact us for any press inquiries.
- Are you currently hiring?
We are always looking for passionate and motivated individuals to become a part of our team. Please contact us with your resume, and we will contact you if anything becomes available.